Oh hey! Thanks for stopping by. My name is Bianca. Welcome to The Green Creator!
As the name might suggest, The Green Creator is a vegan/whole food plant-based blog that I started way back in 2013. At that time I was tired of being sick and tired and found my passion in creating plant-based recipes. Since there was little information out there on this topic, I decided to chronicle all my recipes and knowledge online in the form of a blog.
For the first 3 years, The Green Creator served as a creative outlet, combining my love for vegan food and photography. I was still working a corporate job as a lawyer, but realized soon that my passion was not to be found in an office.
After the first 3 years, The Green Creator became more serious as I learned how to combine my love for creating plant-based/vegan recipe, food photography and blogging.
Fast-forward 2 years after that and The Green Creator has blossomed into my career, and has given me opportunities I never thought possible.
I get to work on my health via the amazing recipes that I can create and share with my audience. I can travel whenever I want and share that too, I photograph food for some amazing clients, and I get to edit all my pictures. And when I need a break from my computer I can go back to my happy place: the kitchen.
The Green Creator now serves as an inspiration for vegan and plant-based foodies (read here what the difference is). In the last year more and more recipes have become fully oil-free too, which is also an inspiration for my readers. I get to show that whole plant-based food is delicious food.
In essence, the food you find on The Green Creator is the food I eat: vegan desserts and snacks mixed with healthier plant-based options to balance it all out.
All recipes are:
✓ whole food plant-based
✓ often heavy on the greens & beans #BeansAreSexy
✓ free of meat, eggs, cheese (fully vegan)
✓ free of white refined sugars (I use fruit sugars)
✓ often low (contain little) oil and salt (these are optional)
Healthy plant-based eating doesn’t have to be complicated; in fact it’s quite the opposite. Eating whole real foods in their most natural state. It doesn’t get simpler than this.
- Back-to-basics. I love to eat real whole foods that I can trace back to the source. I mainly cook with foods that need to be prepared, washed and cut.
- Plant-based. Scientific research has clearly shown the many health benefits of eating a diet high in plant foods such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, grains, legumes and beans.
- Rest and drink. Hydration and sleep are totally priority number one. Without proper hydration and without enough sleep my body can’t function and recover well. This is especially important for my Thalassemia minor.
- The longer the shelf life, the shorter your life. If I can’t pronounce/recognize a food ingredient listed, I rather not eat it. Foods without a food label and meals made from scratch is what I love.
- Move! The body is designed to move. Eating the best foods in the world will not make me healthier if I don’t move. I try to move as much as possible and walk a lot (around 10,000 steps a day).
- Gut health. A happy gut is a happy mind and a happy body. Making sure my gut is ok, is key.
- Mind. I find an happy and healthy mind as important as the food I eat.
What do you use to photograph?
To quickly take pictures when I’m traveling/on the go or to vlog, I use the Canon Powershot G7X and I love it.
Click HERE to see a full overview of my photography gear.
Do you have any partnership opportunities?
Be it sponsored posts, recipe development, or food photography, I work with a variety of clients to suit their needs. For more information click HERE.