Whole foods, whole living, plant-based, nourishing, energetic, simple and delicious!
It’s as simple as it sounds. Getting back to basics of whole, nourishing foods and what it means to live and feel well. The field of nutrition is ever changing and shifting towards change, however with change sometimes comes confusion. I hope that by reading my blog you can feel inspired, confident, and excited to get back to basics of eating real whole foods.
My recipes are nutrient dense, high in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, delicious, simple and aimed at nourishing your body on a cellular level. The recipes I share on The Green Creator reflect the most nutrient dense foods that are 100% nourishing, they’re heavy on the greens, meat-free, gluten-free, sugar- and dairy-free but offer flexibility for those who need so. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be complicated; in fact it’s quite the opposite. Eating whole real foods in their most natural raw state, it doesn’t get simpler than this.
I also share my nutrition advice and topics on natural beauty, inspirational interviews with other wellness warriors and heaps of resources on living healthier. I hope that by reading my blog you’ll learn how to optimize your health and well-being and have some fun in the process of making my recipes. Ultimately, my goal is to make eating deliciously simple and to educate you on the impact food has on your (future) health. My food philosophy is all about enlivening the healthiest version of you. It’s about keeping things simple and delicious with food that will not burden your body, but will make you feel both mentally and physically happy and healthy. I don’t believe in a philosophy of depriving our bodies to achieve health.
What very few people realize is that food is the most powerful drug. The food we consume will not only reflect in how we look, but also how we feel and think too. My philosophy stems from my desire to educate people about this and to show you how easy, delicious, nutritious and affordable it is to prepare.
However, The Green Creator lifestyle is far more than nutrition and food related. Very important topics of The Green Creator lifestyle involve stress management, moving your body, healthy and positive relationships with others, nourishing food, sleeping well, drinking water and engaging in work that makes you happy.
A few core nutrition principles of The Green Creator:
- Back-to-basics. Eat REAL whole foods that you can trace back to the source. Foods without packaging are good also foods that need to be prepared, washed and cut are a good choice.
- Plant based. Scientific research has clearly shown the many health benefits of eating a diet high in plant foods such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, grains, legumes and beans.
- Rest and drink. Hydration and sleep are totally priority number one. Without proper hydration and without enough sleep our bodies can’t function and recover well. A lack of energy, headaches, greater risk of diseases and a lack of concentration are just a few examples to mention when we’re sleep deprived and dehydration.
- The longer the shelf life, the shorter your life. If you can’t pronounce/recognize a food ingredient listed, don’t eat it. Rather go with something without a food label and make a meal from scratch.
- Move! Nutrition isn’t about a diet counting calories, grams of protein, fat or fiber. Food is about our bodies and our bodies are made to move. Eating the best food in the world will not make you healthy if you don’t get the minimum amount of movement per day, which is for me 10.000 steps.
- Gut health. A happy gut is a happy mind and a happy body. Making sure your gut is ok, is key.
- Mind. I have seen it over and over again. We eat the right way, exercise, take supplements, drink enough water, rest…and still we feel drained and sick. I find a happy and healthy mind as important as the food we eat.
What you put in your body and how serious you take your own health is your responsibility. My energy to this day is impacted by the food I consume– like all of us– and the best lifestyle for me is one that is abundant in fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts and seeds, which I share here on The Green Creator. We truly are what we eat, and going back to basics with whole foods is where it’s at!
I hope that through sharing my whole food recipes, nutrition- and lifestyle advice and meeting some of you through my nutrition coaching programs or lectures you can experience this awesome shift in your health as well as I did.