As a teenager I had a period of eating the same number of meals with the same diet. I didn’t exercises at all and was sitting in front of my computer most of the time. I shred some pounds though. What happened? Well, what might have contributed to my weight loss was the fact that I was eating pineapples on a daily basis!
Pineapples are the perfect fruit to add when you’re new to juicing and smoothies. This amazing sweet fruit turns every juice or smoothie into a soda like taste. But there is more to it. The health benefits are worth dealing with the stinging skin.
Besides having valuable nutrients, pineapples are also good to include in your diet when you’re trying to lose weight. That is of course if you eat healthy, don’t overeat and exercise. Also, it should not be your primary nutrition source. Variation in your diet is key.
On the way to your ultimate bikini body, try starting your day with this Bikini Body Juice.
Who knew that a juice with a sweet soda taste could lead to a beach proof body?
Some health benefits
Pineapple juice is very high in vitamin C, folate ,calcium and some B vitamins.
On the other hand, it’s also abundant in antioxidants, such as manganese, thiamine and copper. These minerals help fight against free radicals. Manganese is also a bone strengthening mineral.
Benefits of Pineapple for Weight Loss
- Pineapple juice has the ability to satisfy your sweet tooth, while at the same time giving you one of your fruit servings. You may feel more satisfied and able to manage your calories. A pineapple will sure fill your stomach as it is rich in fibres. This will keep your stomach busy for a while.
- Pineapples are low in fat while curbing your appetite.
- Pineapple have a very high water content. High water content foods have the ability to make you feel full for a while and are also essential for your body’s weight loss.
- The fruit contains an enzyme called bromelain that aids digestion and helps prevent inflammation and swelling. The natural weight loss secret is that when you cleanse your digestive system, your digestion improves and cravings for bad things drop away. It’s said that some manufacturers use bromelain in their slimming pills. They claim that it can help to break down body fat and enables slimmers to lose weight easily. However, there is no scientific evidence to support this claim and it is said that bromelain, like any other protein in the gut, would be digested and should have no action on body weight. (source)
- Pineapple is a great internal cleanser if eaten on an empty stomach and alone or as a juice first thing in the morning.
- Pineapples contain Vitamin B1 (thiamine) which is said to help metabolize carbohydrates. Vitamin B and weight loss go hand in hand, but only when all forms of vitamin B are taken together.
- Pineapples contain vitamin C which helps the body metabolize fats and produce neurotransmitters.
Promotes better metabolism and better digestion
So does eating pineapples really promote weight loss? Well, it promotes better metabolism and better digestion. With better metabolism and better digestion that comes with eating pineapples daily, this fruit can surely add in losing weight.
Bikini Body Juice
Drink this juice in the morning on an empty stomach or after a glass of (lemon) water.
It’s also good to drink this juice an hour before your exercise. It will give you plenty of energy and nourishment for your morning. The strong taste will also help you wake up (who needs coffee?). The taste is strong but also sweet at the same time.
What will you need?
- 1/3 or 1/2 of a pineapple
- 1/2 cucumber
- Spinach (1 big handful)
- 2 apples or one big one
- The fresh juice of 2 limes or lemons
- Ice (optional)
Cut up all the ingredients so they are small enough to fit through your juicer’s feeder. Juice all the ingredients, stir and drink immediately. If you wish your juice to be absolutely free of fibres you can strain the juice before drinking. When I have time, I always strain my juice. No fibres means a better and faster absorption by your body while giving your digestion a rest as well.
You will have around half a liter of juice.
Be careful with unripe pineapples though. Drugs.com indicates that unripe pineapple juice can cause nausea and diarrhea.
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)