Until well into my twenties I had a serious sugar addiction and chocolate was the most difficult to refuse. Fortunately, those days are long gone. However, I still love chocolate. As such, I love my raw chocolate blocks or my clean delicious brownies. They taste amazing! However, this easy chocolate mousse is worth mentioning as well.
There are many sweet desserts to make with healthier ingredients and probably the most special ingredient is the avocado. It’s nature’s butter and will turn this chocolate mousse into the best ever.
Another great thing about this recipe is the fact that it literally takes a few minutes to make. Without any effort you can create a bowl of goodness that is insanely creamy and totally a true chocolate mousse.
You could even freeze this so you’ll chocolate mousse icecream in a few hours.
The combination of banana and avocado creates the creamiest consistency ever that just melts in your mouth. Are you worried about the avocado taste? Don’t be. The avocado’s savoury taste is totally masked by the sweet dates and the cacao powder.
- contains healthy fats
- contains calcium
- contains vitamin A, C & K
- contains heart healthy potassium
- contains vitamin A, B6 & C
- contains magnesium and fiber
- cacao contains more phenolic antioxidants than most foods
- contains several minerals necessary for vascular function such as magnesium, copper, potassium, and calcium
- cacao is good for the heart (source)
- there are at least 15 minerals in dates, such as boron, calcium, cobalt, copper, fluorine, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, phosphorous, sodium and zinc
- contain elemental fluorine that is useful in protecting teeth against decay
- contain selenium which is an important mineral to support the immune function
- the protein in dates contains 23 types of amino acids, some of which are not present in the most popular fruits such as oranges, apples and bananas
- contain at least six vitamins including a small amount of vitamin C, and vitamins B(1) thiamine, B(2) riboflavin, nicotinic acid (niacin) and vitamin A
- two bananas (one frozen if you would like the mousse to be more firm)
- one ripe avocado
- two big spoons of cacao or carob if you don’t like to use any stimulants
- 4 dates (remove the pit)
- ¼ cup of water
- After blending you should keep the mousse in the fridge for at least one hour before you dig in. Choose any topping that you like. Strawberries are always a good combination with chocolate.
photos and text by the green creator (c) (copyright)