There was no need to add ‘’gluten free’’ in the title because you all know all my recipe here are gluten free. Sometimes I just feel the need to brag ok? Especially during the holiday season where it seems to be impossible to eat a whole food plant based gluten free diet. I mean, try to match this in your head; holidays and gluten free, whole food plant based. No match. No match, at all. But these gluten-free almond butter Christmas cookies are an exception. No need to brag again, but they are very simple to make….just sayin’.
I also think they are extremely cute! Just too adorable too eat. But no worries I got over that and ate them all myself in a few days….No regrets. Oh and yes, they are also great to make with kids. I enjoyed them with a delicious cup of golden milk. Yum! And one spoiler. They’re not just delicious for Christmas… I mean different shape, different holiday, right? I see cute heart shaped Valentine cookies.
- ¼ cup (25 g) oatmeal flour (or almond flour)
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (but feel free to use peanut butter or cashew butter)
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or date syrup)
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- Line tray with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- On the tray, fill the cookie cutters with the mixture, approximately 0,5 cm thick. You can use any cookie cutter. The mixture should be quite sticky.
- Bake in the oven for about 7-9 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let them cool. The cookies will be soft out of the oven, but will harden up as they cool.