Recently I was told green juices will make you fat and contain too much sugar which are also, quickly absorbed into our bodies, because there are no fibers in the juice anymore. Oh my! I hope that one day we will come to understand the power of green juices. The above is not so easy to claim. Today I’m going to show you with the ”Green Miracle Juice ” with the SuperJuicer just how delicious and healthy green juices are.
If you‘d like to make a green juice, but you can’t seem to make them tasty for you then you have to consider two things. You’re maybe not used to green juices and eat perhaps still too much processed (sugary) food or you are actually makeing your juices too bitter. Fruit is then the answer. Unfortunately, it is often said that these are pure liquid calories that will not benefit your figure or overall healthy diet.
4 reasons why this is not true
- The GI of fruit doesn’t say anything about the GL
- You can make a juice more green if you do not want it to influence your blood sugar too much. Or if you are (chronically) sick, it might be better to choose fruits such as Granny Smith apples, berries, pears, grapefruits, lemons, limes, a piece of ginger for a kick or a kiwi. Optionally you can take your juice with a handful of nuts or a bit of avocado to make the absorption of the fruit sugars in the body a bit slower.
- If there is a kitchen tool with a main focus on vegetables it should be a juicer. A good juice (and smoothie) includes green (leafy) greens and a little bit of fruit to make it tasty. If you drink only fruit juices (daily and in large quantities), it is not healthy. Of course, still healthier than an Oreo cookie, but not ‘the way to go.’
- Do juices make you fat? It is all about the quality of our food. A juice containing 150 calories will contain hundreds of times more nutritional value than a commercial cookie with 150 calories. The more vitamins, minerals we get, the sharper, more energetic and less prone we are to eat refined sugars. Counting calories and using that as an argument, is too short-sighted.
Ok, enough information for now, let’s make the ”Green Miracle Juice”’ with the SuperJuicer slowjuicer.
If you think that there are only a few (slow) juicers on the market, you are wrong. There are always new slowjuicers coming out. The SuperJuicer slowjuicer caught my attention because of its compact sleek design, but especially because of its price ….This is friendly, very friendly. And if that is even too expensive, you can decide to leave out a sieve which will make the slowjuicer even less expensive! Ha! Why buy something that you are not going to use, right? So just choose from a variety of different packages, in order to determine your price. I tested the SuperJuicer slowjuicer for you, because let’s be honest, how great would it be to buy a slowjuicer for yourself or as a gift and still have some pennies left for organic groceries?
This is not a juicer for a beginner and of course my juices contain almost no fruits (just a little bit for the taste). I advise you to add an extra lemon / lime if you think it is too green for you. This juice is packed with enzymes, vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll and amino acids that can be absorbed quickly by your body. And the ginger and turmeric make it a true miracle juice.
- 1 cucumber
- 4 stalks celery or broccoli voice
- 1 pear
- 1-2 cm broccoli stalk
- 1 large handful of kale
- piece of ginger
- piece turmeric
- 1 lime
- Optional: 1 handful of sprouts or wheatgrass powder 1 tsp
- Wash and cut everything into pieces to fit through the slowjuicer. Finish with a somewhat harder piece vegetables such as broccoli, or a piece of lemon so that all the kale pieces nice to go through the juicer.
How did the SuperJuicer Slowjuicer do?
- The SuperJuicer slowjuicer has all the buttons and features that a good slowjuicer should have, such as a stop button for when vegetables get stuck. Also, the juicers comes with a few good sieves.
- The pulp is not too dry. The horizontal slowjuicers (especially for wheat grass) produce really the most dry pulp. If you think your pulp is still too wet, I normally will jucie the pulp once more. It is as simple as that.
- The SuperJuicer slowjuicer is easy to clean and can (to a certain number of degrees) even be washed in the dishwasher (!). Which I’m not going to test for you.
- The SuperJuicer can do anything. You can make nut milks, juice (also wheat grass), juice herbs such as mint, but also soups, baby food, smoothies and ice cream are an option.
- The SuperJuicer is slow (60 rpm) so little oxidation is taking place, which means you can keep the juice in the refrigerator for the next day. As a true health nerd, I read the specifications and found that the SuperJuicer slowjuicer is slightly quieter and even a bit slower than my other slowjuicers.
I believe this slowjuicer does a great job, with a very friendly price! I obviously do not know how this slowjuicer will do after some years of juicing, but frankly speaking I also don’t know how my more expensive juicers will do after some years. I think many of us will be happy with the SuperJuicer slowjuicer.
Do you want this slowjuicer in your kitchen? Yes, dear readers I’m giving away a SuperJuicer slowjuicer! I’m already so happy for the winner!
This is how you can win
- Share this article that you can find on the Facebook page of The Green Creator on your own Facebook timeline. Share the photo from the Facebook page of The Green Creator (so not via via) and share it publicly, otherwise I can not see that you have shared the photo.
- Like the facebook page of The Green Creator and SuperJuicer.
- Leave a comment in the comments under this article or under the post on Facebook. Don’t forget to mention your email address so I can eamil you if you are the winner of the slowjuicer.
Extra chance to win when you:
This giveaway runs from December 10th until December 20th, 2015. Good luck!
These products are made available by SuperJuicer. To win a juicer you need a Dutch postal address.
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)