Oh, how I adore lemons! The first step for me towards a more healthy body was lemon water in the morning. Unless you have an allergy for lemons there’s no reason for you not to drink a glass of warm lemon juice in the morning.
Why? Here are some of the benefits:
- This super healthy juice will kick-start your day without a juicer! And of course an absolute better way to get energy in the morning then when starting your day with coffee.
- It wakes up your organs. It hydrates the lymph system and aids digestion. You will need to go more often to the restroom because toxins are expelled from the body. The citric acid also ensures proper functioning of the liver, causing the liver to cleanse itself of toxins.
- Lemons are high in potassium and vitamin C. So no colds and flus because of the vitamin C. Potassium will stimulate the brainfunction and helps to stabilize the blood sugar levels. Vitamin C also promotes the absorption of iron in our body, which is important for a good immune system.
- Although acidic, lemons are a super alkaline food once in the body. An alkaline body equals an healthy body. An acid body is susceptible to various diseases, while an alkaline body will be protect more against diseases.
- The pectin in lemon can reduce hunger. In addition, it is proven that people who eat a more alkaline diet will lose weight more easily.
- Lose weight and say bye bye to a bad skin, wrinkles and blemishes. Vitamin C helps to reduce wrinkles and blemishes. Lemons will purify the blood, making your skin look more beautiful.
In a nutshell, lemons will detox your body as well. Lose those toxins!
How do you make lemonwater?
The purpose is to squeeze half a lemon in lukewarm water and…drink it. If you can wait half an hour before starting your breakfast, that’s great. If you can’t, don’t worry (don’t skip the lemon water because of that). If you are travelling and don’t have any lemons available start your day with lukewarm water. Every morning I drink myself 1 litre filtered water (400 ml cooked water en 600 ml filtered water) with the juice of one lemon.
To protect your teeth from the acidity, brush your teeth before drinking the lemon water. Never ever brush your teeth right after! If you really want to brush your teeth after the lemon water, wait for an hour.
Oh and did you know that the used lemons (the peel) are a great way to clean your kitchen?
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)