A very refreshing smoothie I came up with the other day is this maca coco smoothie. Maca powder is known for it’s effectiveness in improving sexual function in both men and women. But maca can do more. It heats the body up and provides you with energy. Maca is also rich in vitamin B1, B2, B12, vitamin C, E and protein. It also provides you with plenty of calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and amino acids. However, never use too much. It’s not cacao. You will not turn into a nice person when using too much. It can exasperate your hormonal symptoms and make them even worse. Since it’s an energy booster it can make your heart beat go up, which is not a pleasant feeling. You can feel stressfull and suffer from insomnia. So it’s important to be safe. If you use a safe amount your skin can clear up, you will feel energetic and happy. In fact maca powder can even balance your hormones.
I don’t use maca powder daily, but only a couple of time a week. I will add it into a smoothie (just half a teaspoon) and never experienced any problems and felt indeed energetic and happy.
- Four celery sticks
- Three tiny apples
- Some icecubes
- A couple of strawberries
- One frozen banana
- Half a teaspoon of macapowder
- A teaspoon of coconut (crips and oil)
- A spoon of green powder (chlorella and wheatgrass)
- For this simple smoothie you will need the juice of a few celery sticks and a few apples. Blend the juice with some icecubes, a frozen banana and a couple of strawberries in a blender or food processor. Add half a teaspoon of maca powder, some coconut crisps and a teaspoon of coconut oil in the blender. And finally add some chlorella and wheatgrass powder. Blend, blend until smooth. And there you go. Health in a jar.
- I used some coconutcrips as a topping to present. Enjoy!
Begrijp je hier helemaal niets van? Geen probleem. Stuur me een mail met deze link en je ontvangt dit artikel in het Nederlands.