Think chocolate, but then too light to be considered pure chocolate. They remind me a bit of the Aero chocolate I used to eat as a kid, and I was addicted to them. If you have a sweet tooth, but you really don’t want to spend any time in the kitchen, then this recipe is for you. It’s made in a blink of an eye, and so much faster (and healthier) than if you would go to the store to buy a snack. The taste is something chocolate (like Aero chocolate), but then the puffed quinoa make it taste like a healthy rice crisp treat as well.
There are only a few ingredients you will need to make these delicious cups. One of them is puffed quinoa. Puffed quinoa? No worries, you can buy popped or puffed quinoa like I did in a health food shop or online. Or you can make it yourself.
If you will try these cute and delicious puffed quinoa cups, I would love to know by a comment below or on social media with #thegreencreator
- 9 to10 tablespoons of puffed quinoa
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or raw honey for non-vegans)
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- optional: 1 tablespoon almond butter (or another nut butter)
- small/bite-sized cupcake holders
- Place the coconut oil, cacao powder, maple syrup into a saucepan and heat it for a few minutes on low heat until it’s totally melted and smooth. Once totally melted pour it over the quinoa pops and stir all together. The quinoa pops should all be covered in chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into small cupcake holders and place them in the freezer for about thirty minutes. Serve and enjoy!
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)