Have you tried my quick & cheap vegan recipe yet? If not, you absolutely should! It’s one of my most frequently made recipes and I still make it myself very often. Since I love it so much, I wanted to make a version with curry. My first attempt was by just adding a whole lot of curry. But the more variations I made the easier, more delicious and quicker this recipe became. Mission accomplished! This quick curried lentils with carrrots and chickpeas is simple, it requires just 20 minutes, 1 saucepan (plus a pot for the lentils), and just a few ingredients to make!
The base of the recipe is garlic, ginger, lentils, and carrots sautéed in coconut oil. The combination with the fresh crispy greens and the soaked almonds make this dish amazing.
Lentils not only add an amazing taste, but they are also very healthy. Lentils contain folate, iron, magnesium, protein and fiber.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think. Tell me in the comments, rate it, and don’t forget to snap a picture and tag it #thegreencreator on Instagram. I’d love to see your quick curry meal in action.
- A good handful (per plate) of rocket salad or any other leafy green you like
- 2 cups/200 grams of red lentils, rinsed and cooked in 4 cups of water
- 100 grams/one cup of cooked chickpeas
- one big carrot, cut in little slices/chunks
- one clove of garlic, minced
- half an onion, cut in pieces
- two teaspoons of curry powder
- a dash of turmeric (optional)
- a few dashes of dried ginger or grate half a teaspoon of fresh ginger
- a teaspoon of coconut oil (optional, you can use water instead)
- a tablespoon of parsley
- two tablespoons of almonds (soaked in water for a few hours and rinsed)
- Cook the lentils in the 4 cups of water.
- Meanwhile heat the coconut oil in a sauce pan and add the onion to that. Once they become soft add the carrot slice/chunks. Add the chickpeas now to the saucepan as well. I used chickpeas from a glass jar and rinsed them very well under running water. Add all the (dried) spices now and finish with the garlic. When the lentils are done (this will take about 8 min), add them as well. Serve on a plate with the green leaves and the soaked almonds.