If you are looking for a warming and quick non-alcoholic apple cider recipe you will love this one. Although I’m not a fan of alcohol, during the holiday season I’m curious about the fascinating recipes I come across with alcohol. This one became a favorite this winter. It’s a delicious simple recipe when you have a powerful blender. Everyone will love this as it is completely non-alcoholic. In case you’re still not convinced: this drink is full with fibers and that is great for the gut and the waistline.
Unlike traditional apple cider recipes, I’m not even using my stove to heat this. I told you it’s quick. I just blended it for several minutes to make it nice and hot. This winter drink is the perfect way to wind down and warm up.
Did you know….
That apples are rich in immune system supporting antioxidants and fiber? Especially pectin, this is a highly soluble fiber which combats many stress factors in our bodies. Soluble fibers also help to control blood sugar levels, and bind with fats in the intestines. This will help to reduce cholesterol through their elimination. So this is completely different to the store bought ciders that are filtered, strained, pasteurized, and maybe have added ingredients. With this recipe you get what your body wants, the fibers. In combination with cinnamon (which regulates your blood sugar levels) you are drinking a cup of health.
- 4½ cups filtered water
- 3 cups organic apple, cored (about 3 large apples)
- 2-3 tablespoons date syrup or (for non-vegans) honey, raw (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- optional: a splash of raw unpasteurized apple cider vinegar when serving
- optional: serve with 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- Add all ingredients to the container of your blender and secure lid. Start on low speed and slowly increase to high speed and blend for 6 minutes and serve immediately.