Summer and sun make me crave fresh salads with crunchy radishes. Radishes give any salad an instant kick because of the taste and the crunchy bite. This salad is very easy to make and tastes great. For lunch, dinner or snack whatever you want, this fresh radish salad will not disappoint you.
You don’t need a bag of lettuce to make a delicious healthy salad. Cut the radishes into thin slices and you’ll have the perfect basis for a delicious salad.
This salad is also the perfect way to enjoy the raw version of radishes. If you’ve never eaten raw radishes you will appreciate the delicious sharp bite. In combination with sweeter ingredients such as the red bell pepper this will become a delicious salad.
Yes, to cleanse your body is not just about fasting and juices. If you want to detoxify your body then the radish is just perfect! The radish is extremely effective in breaking down of mucus in the body, which is simply the result of consuming too much heavy processed animal products. They also detox the liver, aid digestion and are loaded with vitamin C and good fibers. Radishes contain quite some water, so they’ll fill you up, but will not provide you with a lot of calories. That makes this salad ideal to combine with delicious plant based proteins such as chickpeas. It is said that regular consumption of radishes helps to prevent infections such as flu and common olds.
In Chinese medicine, the radish is used to aid digestion, to break down the mucus in the body, to reduce headaches and to heal laryngitis.
Delicious, hydrating, refreshing and crispy. What more could you wish for a salad on a hot day?
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 spring onion
- 6 radishes, sliced in thin pieces
- half a cucumber, sliced in wisps
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- half a lime
- pinch of Celtic sea salt
- a bowl (about 100 grams) of chickpeas
- fresh chives
- Cut all ingredients in little pieces or wisps if possible.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Toss well with the salt.
- Cover with a piece of plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. It tastes better as it sits.
- Arrange on plates and sprinkle with the chives before serving.
photos and text by the green creator (c) (copyright)