There are people that just seem to live the ultimate vegan paradise life. Every day is a sunny day, perfect blond beach hair, incredible bohemian outfits, fresh coconuts, a perfect tan and the most delicious colorful vegan food. I think Loni Jane is one of those people. I know Instagram is far from what real life for many of us is, but she is so inspirational. She keeps it healthy and simple, just how I like it. When I was scrolling through Loni’s Instagram account the other day she sprinkled her rawnola over a smoothie and I just knew I had to give this a try.
This rawnola is done in 3 minutes, there is no baking involved, and with just a few ingredients I know for sure this will be a new raw chewy granola favorite!
You can vary endlessly with the sweet ingredients. Instead of Medjool dates I used sultanas. But maybe you like it super sweet, in that case you use Medjool dates and coconut sugar. Also, you could add raw cacao powder if you love a hint of chocolate in your rawnola.
The smoothie in this recipe is a simple one with just one banana, a splash of almond milk and my new favorite pomegranate juice.
So let’s go! Here is my take on Loni’s rawnola.
- half a cup rolled oats
- one cup of raisins or 6 pitted Medjool dates, or a cup of dried figs, apricots or prunes (I used raisins)
- ¼ cup coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons of chopped Brazil nuts
- 1 tablespoon each of chopped linseeds, sunflower, or pumpkin seeds
- Simply add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until everything is well mixed and sticky, but don’t pulse too long or else it will be one big ball and not very chewy.
- The rawnola can be kept for 10 days in the fridge. I like it super fresh though!
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)