In some of my recipes I use vegan egg replacements. It sounds fancy, but it’s not. Vegan (plant based) recipes often require an egg-replacer, mostly in (baked) sweet dishes to ‘bind’. I think bananas are the most popular egg replacement for vegans besides chia seeds.
But what if you don’t like bananas?
Luckily there are many other replacements for bananas.
Here are the vegan egg-replacers you could choose from, each will replace one egg.
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed + 3 tablespoons filtered water
- 1/4 cup mashed banana (ripe)
- 1/4 cup sweet potato puree
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seed + 3 tablespoons filtered water
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk + 3 tablespoons filtered water
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup pureed prunes
- 1/4 cup tofu, blended soft
- 1/4 cup non-dairy yogurt