I’ll be honest with you and will not pretend to be the perfect health foodie. I never got used to the taste of wheatgrass and still to this day I don’t enjoy drinking wheatgrass. But knowing the amazing health benefits it has, I just get over with it. But why is wheatgrass is so amazing?
I consider wheatgrass like a blood transfusion, it’s such a powerful blood builder. After reading this article and then my ”about” page on my Thalassemia (Beta) Minor you will understand why wheatgrass is vital for me.
Yes, wheatgrass is intense. Very intense. I’ll explain why I nevertheless drink wheatgrass. In fact, I even grow my own wheatgrass!
I first heard about the amazing health benefits of wheatgrass juice when I looked into the philosophy of the Hippocrates Health Institue. This institute is runned by the doctors Brian and Anna Maria Clement and they’re some of the leading voices in the field of natural holistic healing. Their approach to natural healing is amazing! If you’re looking for natural healing guidance go and check out what they’re doing. You will notice that wheatgrass therapy is a practice the doctors highly recommend.
If you’re still thinking, no way am I going to drink grass! Well, here are some reasons to drink wheatgrass that will even convince the most grass-averse person out there (a.k.a. me) to just ”get over with it” and take a shot. I will also give you tips on how to drink the juice of wheatgrass in a more yummy way. If that is still to harsh for you, there is also the option of wheatgrass powders, but you will miss out on the enzymes then.
- The juice of wheatgrass is one of the best sources of living chlorophyll available today. However, to get the full benefit, the chlorophyll must come fresh from a plant not a dried powder.
- Wheatgrass juice is an effective healer because it contains all minerals, and vitamins A, B-complex, C, E, l and K. It is extremely rich in protein, and contains 17 amino acids (the building blocks of protein).
- Wheatgrass juice contains up to 70% chlorophyll. This is an important blood builder, because the chlorophyll molecules closely resemble that of the hemin molecule in our blood (the pigment which combines with protein to form hemoglobin). The big difference is that the chlorophyll molecule contains magnesium as it’s central atom, and the hemin molecule contains iron. The molecular structure of these two substances is almost identical in all other respects. Mind Blowing!
- Chlorophyll contains enzymes and super- oxide dismutase (a copper-containing protein found in mature red blood cells). This enzyme is helping to slow down the aging process.
- Chlorophyll is the first product of light and, therefore, contains more light energy than any other food element.
- Wheatgrass juice contains crude chlorophyll (as opposed to pure) and can be taken orally and as a colon implant without side effects. In addition, scientists have never found wheatgrass to be toxic in any amount when given to either animals or humans.
- Science has proven that chlorophyll arrests growth and development of unfriendly bacteria.
- Chlorophyll is antibacterial and can be used inside and outside the body as a natural healer.
- Chlorophyll can be extracted from many plants, but wheatgrass is superior because it has been found to have over 100 elements that we need. If grown in organic soil, it absorbs 92 of the known 115 minerals from the soil.
- Liquid chlorophyll has the ability to get into the tissue, where it can actually refine and renew them.
- Doctors R. Redpath and J. C. Davis found chlorophyll packs inserted into the sinuses had a drying effect, clearing up congestion, and giving immediate relief. Congested head colds were cleared up within 24 hours.
- Chlorophyll neutralizes toxins in the body.
- Chlorophyll helps purify the liver.
- Chlorophyll improves blood sugar problems.
- Dr. Birscher, a research scientist, called chlorophyll “concentrated sun power.” He said, “chlorophyll increases the function of the heart, affects the vascular system, the intestines, the uterus, and the lungs.”
- Wheatgrass juice can dissolve the scars that are formed in the lungs from breathing acid gases. The effect of carbon monoxide is minimized since chlorophyll increases hemoglobin production.
- Wheatgrass is high in oxygen like all green plants that contain chlorophyll. This is beneficial because the brain and all body tissues function at an optimal level in a highly- oxygenated environment.
- It is a nutritionally complete food. Wheatgrass has what is called the grass-juice factor, which has been shown to keep herbivorous animals alive practically indefinitely.
- Wheatgrass juice is a superior detoxification agent compared to other fruits and vegetables.
- Wheatgrass contains a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals, including the thirteen essential ones, combined with dozens of trace elements and enzymes.
- Farmers in the Midwest who have sterile cows and bulls put them on wheatgrass to restore fertility. (The high magnesium content in chlorophyll builds enzymes that restore the sex hormones.)
- Wheatgrass juice acts as a detergent in the body and can be used as a body deodorant.
- A small amount of wheatgrass juice in the human diet helps prevent tooth decay.
- Wheatgrass juice held in the mouth for 5 minutes will help eliminate toothaches. It pulls poisons from the gums. Also, gargle wheatgrass juice for a sore throat.
- Drink wheatgrass juice for skin problems such as eczema or psoriasis.
- Wheatgrass juice helps to keep the hair from graying.
- Wheatgrass juice improves the digestion.
- Wheatgrass juice is an excellent skin cleanser and can be absorbed through the skin for nutrition.
- Wheatgrass implants (enemas) are great for healing and detoxifying the colon walls.
- Wheatgrass juice improves arthritis.
- For minor eye irritation apply strained wheatgrass juice mixed with half pure water in an eye cup for 15 – 30 seconds.
- Wheatgrass juice can be used as a douche for many feminine complications.
- Wheatgrass juice is great for headaches, constipation and keeping the bowels open because it is high in magnesium.
- Wheatgrass juice reduces high blood pressure and enhances the capillaries.
- Wheatgrass juice can remove heavy metals from the body.
- Wheatgrass juice is great for blood disorders of all kinds.
- Dr. Earp Thomas said, “Wheat is the king of all grain foods”. He found that an ounce of wheatgrass in a gallon of fluoridated water would turn the fluorine into harmless calcium-phosphate-fluoride compound. Used in wash water it adds softness to the face and hands. In the bath, it is most soothing. It stops bleeding, eases itching, and helps sores and pimples to heal. Dr. Thomas further discovered that fruits and vegetables contaminated by sprays were thoroughly cleaned and the negative food transformed by wash water with a wisp of wheatgrass placed in the water.
- Wheatgrass is gluten-free because it’s cut before the grain forms.
- And finally – by taking wheatgrass juice, you may feel an increase in strength and endurance, renewed health, and experience an overall sense of well-being.
As you can read, these unassuming little leaves of grass may not look like a miracle food, but the powers of freshly juiced wheatgrass are amazing. Shots of freshly juiced wheat grass are highly nourishing and can aid your body in its daily detoxification process. Needless to say, this pure shot of green packs a nutritional punch.
I would recommend a shot of wheatgrass on an empty stomach for maximum absorption followed with plenty of water in the hours that follow. Wheatgrass is also easy to grow in just about ten days, right in your own home. You’ll also need a slowjuicer to juice the wheatgrass then.
If the pure juice on an empty stomach in the morning is too much for you, then it’s an idea to mix it with fresh orange juice or mix a shot in my Bikini Body Juice!
And yes, there are people that actually like the taste. Are you one of them?
Please, contact your doctor before using wheatgrass if you are on medicine, especially medication for blood thinning.
”Wheat Grass Juice in Thalassemia”
”Wheat grass juice reduces transfusion requirement in patients with thalassemia major: a pilot study.”
”Summary of some research on wheatgrass benefits”
”Evaluation of antioxidant profile and activity of amalaki (Emblica officinalis), spirulina and wheat grass”
”Effect of freeze drying and oven drying on antioxidant properties of fresh wheatgrass”
”Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica ñ Drug Research, Vol. 68 No. 2 pp. 291ñ294, 2011 / ISSN 0001-6837 / Polish Pharmaceutical Society”
”Hippocrates Health Institute”
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)