Nothing can really make me so happy as a ripe mango. I love this wonderful fruit! Mangoes are without a doubt the king of all fruits. This fruit has many healing health benefits making them surpass many other fruits.
Did you know that for centuries mangoes are used as a medicine?
Mangoes are packed with:
- vitamin A, C, D, E and K
- vitamin B6
- vitamin B9
Mangoes are an anti cancer food, they balance the pH level of the body, help lose weight, control diabetes, aid digestion and clear the skin. Try to eat mangoes on an empty stomach because it plays an important role in detoxifying the body and will ensure a better absorption of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
When we eat too many fruits together at the same time or after a meal, this can cause fermentation in the gut resulting in feeling bloating or flatulence. However, if you eat mono meals (ie in this case only mangoes without any other food), the mangoes will prevent a bloated feeling and flatulence.
Why you should eat a mango every day
- Mangoes fight cancer.
Mangoes are rich in polyphenols, which play a role in combating free radicals and protect against cell damage. Additionally, mangoes contain many flavonoids like beta-carotene and alpha-carotene, which help fight and prevent certain types of cancer.
- Mangoes contain high potassium levels that help lower blood pressure .
- Mangoes keep the skin young. Mangoes are rich in antioxidants. They also protect the skin from harmful free radicals that can cause premature aging. Vitamin C in mangoes helps in curing pimples and acne.
- Mango’s alkalizes the body. Mangoes contain tartaric acid, malic acid and citric acid that help alkalize the body.
- Mangoes aid in reducing body fat.
- Mango has a low glycemic index (41-60), so they will not quickly raise blood sugar levels.
- The mango is an aphrodisiac and is also known as the “love fruit”. Mangoes increase the virility in men.
- Mangos are an excellent source of vitamin A and flavonoids like beta-carotene, alpha-carotene and beta-cryptoxanthin that help improve and maintain good vision.
- Mangoes contain malic acid that aids to improve digestion. It’s also rich in prebiotic fibers, which assist in the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- Mangoes are rich in both soluble and insoluble fiber. A high intake of soluble fiber may help prevent elevated blood cholesterol and diabetes.
- Mangoes are packed with vitamin C, vitamin A and 25 different types of carotenoids that greatly strengthen your immune system.
- Mango is rich in glutamic acid which is an important protein for concentration and memory. So eat more mangoes when you have concentration problems.
- And last but not least, mango is rich in iron (here you can read more about the importance of iron here).
Isn’t this fruit heaven? Mangoes are tasty and extremely healthy. Truly candies from Mother Nature. I can hear a new slogan: a mango a day keeps the doctor away!