You can easily change the taste of this recipe by changing the spices and herbs to your liking. Also, if zucchini is not your thing try broccoli, cauliflower, spinach or eggplant. And of course, you can serve it with anything you like such as buckwheat (noodles) or millet. I cook buckwheat for example in a batch on a Sunday so I know I will be able to cook this meal from scratch within 15 minutes during the week.
I hope you’ll give this recipe a try and who knows it will become your quick 15-minute go-to recipe too! Let me know on social media with #thegreencreator.
Chickpeas and tomato sauce are such a delicious combination! This dish is ready under 15 minutes and only require a few ingredients and spices.
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or 4 tablespoons of water
- 125 grams of pure organic tomato puree
- 250 ml of water
- 1 zucchini (or broccoli or cauliflower)
- one cup chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- spices: one teaspoon each of basil/ turmeric/oregano
- half a teaspoon ginger
- dash of black pepper and cayenne
- one cup frozen green peas
- ¾ quinoa one cup (120 grams)
- When I only have 15 minutes I use chickpeas from a glass jar.
- I have cooked my quinoa the night before.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and set aside.
- Cut the onion and zucchini in little chunks.
- Water or oil sautee the onion in a pan. When the onions get softer add the zucchini.
- When the onion and zucchini start to brown add the tomato puree and spices. Add more water.
- Let simmer. Add the chickpeas and frozen green peas.
- Let simmer again. Add more water and turn heat to medium. Let simmer and serve when the tomato puree becomes a bit more thick.
- Serve with fresh herbs and nutritional yeast or some lemon juice.