Chickpeas and tomato sauce are such a delicious combination! This dish is ready under 15 minutes and only require a few ingredients and spices.
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or 4 tablespoons of water
- 125 grams of pure organic tomato puree
- 250 ml of water
- 1 zucchini (or broccoli or cauliflower)
- one cup chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- spices: one teaspoon each of basil/ turmeric/oregano
- half a teaspoon ginger
- dash of black pepper and cayenne
- one cup frozen green peas
- ¾ quinoa one cup (120 grams)
- When I only have 15 minutes I use chickpeas from a glass jar.
- I have cooked my quinoa the night before.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and set aside.
- Cut the onion and zucchini in little chunks.
- Water or oil sautee the onion in a pan. When the onions get softer add the zucchini.
- When the onion and zucchini start to brown add the tomato puree and spices. Add more water.
- Let simmer. Add the chickpeas and frozen green peas.
- Let simmer again. Add more water and turn heat to medium. Let simmer and serve when the tomato puree becomes a bit more thick.
- Serve with fresh herbs and nutritional yeast or some lemon juice.