For a lot of vegans beans are a gift. It’s nutritious, easy to prepare, versatile and tasty. Chickpeas are my favorite. Mashed, in a salad or in this case combined with greens: Bean meets green.
And when you don’t have time to cook organic canned chickpeas are a lifesaver.
- Protein, protein, protein….
- Chickpeas are rich in fibre.
- They contain magnesium that is important for our muscles.
- They contain a good amount of calcium.
- Low GI ( Glycaemic Index) equals constant energy without cravings.
- Chickpeas stabilize the blood sugar level. They provide you with slow burning energy without disrupting the blood sugar levels.
There are so many ways to prepare chickpeas. Although many of us only might think of dishes such as hummus or falafel I believe they are much more easier to add into any meal.
So let’s bundle the forces. Beans with greens!
Begrijp je hier helemaal niets van? Geen probleem. Stuur me een mail met deze link en je ontvangt dit artikel in het Nederlands.Print
- One ( or two small) onion (s)
- A cup of chickpeas
- One zucchini
- Two tomatoes
- Turmeric (one tablespoon)
- Celtic sea salt
- Coconut oil
- Cut all the ingredient in small pieces.
- Cut the zucchini as well and boil them just a couple of minutes. In the meanwhile cut the onions and stir them. The moment they turn tender stir in the tomatoes and spinach. When the water from the tomatoes is released add all the herbs.
- After that add the chickpeas, the zucchini and finish off with some parsley.
- Don’t be afraid to add too much turmeric. Combined with the tomatoes it will taste delicious.