Beans are underrated and that is such a shame! Especially for vegans, beans are so amazing to add to your daily cooking. This beans with greens recipe is probaly the easiset way to serve chickpeas with greens, but feel free to use any other bean you like.
Chickpeas / beans are nutritious, easy to prepare, versatile and tasty. Chickpeas are currently my favorite! Mashed as a dip such as this beet hummus, in a salad or in this case combined with greens, such as spinach and zucchini.
And when you don’t have time to cook chickpeas, canned chickpeas are a lifesaver. Just rinse them very well under running water. Or keep the water for later to make aquafaba…
There are so many ways to prepare chickpeas. Although many of us only might think of dishes such as hummus or falafel, I believe beans are always such an easy way to add to almost any savory dish.
So let’s bundle the forces: beans with greens!
If you are also going to make this recipe, I’d love to know! If you share it on Facebook or Instagram, don’t forget to tag me @TheGreenCreator + #thegreencreator!Print
This recipe for beans with greens is an easy and budget-friendly recipe.
- 1 ( or two small) onion (s)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, when canned rinse well
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tomatoes
- fresh parsley to taste
- spinach to taste
- one tablespoon turmeric
- dash Celtic sea salt
- dash ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or water for oil-free cooking
- Cut all ingredient in small bite-size pieces.
- To a saucepan add a splash of water/ or oil and heat.
- Add the zucchini and heat for a couple of minutes until soft.
- Add the onions to the sauce pan as well. The moment they turn tender, stir in the tomatoes and spinach. When the water from the tomatoes is evaporated add the turmeric, salt and black pepper.
- After that add the chickpeas too and stir.
- Serve with parsley.
Be generous with the turmeric. Combined with the tomatoes it tastes delicious.
Keywords: beans, greens, lunch, dinner, vegan,