This recipe for beans with greens is an easy and budget-friendly recipe.
- 1 ( or two small) onion (s)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, when canned rinse well
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tomatoes
- fresh parsley to taste
- spinach to taste
- one tablespoon turmeric
- dash Celtic sea salt
- dash ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or water for oil-free cooking
- Cut all ingredient in small bite-size pieces.
- To a saucepan add a splash of water/ or oil and heat.
- Add the zucchini and heat for a couple of minutes until soft.
- Add the onions to the sauce pan as well. The moment they turn tender, stir in the tomatoes and spinach. When the water from the tomatoes is evaporated add the turmeric, salt and black pepper.
- After that add the chickpeas too and stir.
- Serve with parsley.
Be generous with the turmeric. Combined with the tomatoes it tastes delicious.
Keywords: beans, greens, lunch, dinner, vegan,