The best recipes I create are the ones when I come back from a trip full of inspiration or when I have some random products in my fridge that I try to combine. It’s so much fun to experiment in the kitchen. This blackcurrant smoothie bowl in such an example.
I eat black currants way too little and when I ”found” them in my fridge a spark of inspiration hit me. These berries are healthy and delicious at the same time. I knew that this smoothie bowl would be a success before these berries even hit my blender. Are you ready for a delicious berry smoothie bowl?
How healthy are blackcurrants?
Blackcurrants are healthy. You think blue berries contain antioxidants? Blackcurrants too.
Black currants are known for having high levels of antioxidants.
This smoothie is really delicious! If you’re going to try this smoothie bowl, I would love to know! Just leave me a comment below, rate the recipe or tag your picture #thegreencreator on Instagram. I’d love to see your pictures.Print
- Category: smoothie
- Cuisine: vegan, plantbased, vegetarian, healthy
A delicious sweet smoothie bowl with almonds and blackcurrants.
- 2 frozen bananas
- a good handful of fresh blackcurrants
- a spoon of almonds (if possible soaked)
- a little bit of unsweetened almond milk just to get the blender going
- two dates (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Finish off with some blackcurrants and almonds.
- Serving Size: 1
photos and text by the green creator (c) (copyright)