This Butter Beans broccoli Salad with almond dressing is made with fresh and simple ingredients, and topped with a delicious almond butter dressing.
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into small florets
- one avocado cut into little chunks
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions (more or less 2–3 stalks)
- 1/5 cup of butter beans (150 gram)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted unroasted cashewnuts
- optional: hemp seeds
- three tablespoons (1/4 cup) almond butter
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or date paste
- optional: 1-2 teaspoons water, if you want the dressing to be thinner
- Heat a large pot of water until it is boiling and cook or steam the broccoli florets for a few minutes. Transfer the broccoli into a bowl of ice water, which will immediately halt the cooking process. Drain. Then add the remaining ingredients and toss until combined. Serve immediately, garnished with hemp seeds if desired.
- For the dressing:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined. If the dressing is too thick, whisk in water slowly until it reaches the consistency you desire.