This vegan cranberry orange bread is a great recipe for the holiday season. You will only need one bowl to make this delicious treat. This bread is vegan, oil-free and made with the most delicious ingredients. This recipe made with fresh cranberries and orange juice is truly the ultimate, easy holiday recipe.
- 2 cups (280 grams) flour ( I used a combination of spelt flour and whole wheat flour)
- ½ cup (100 grams) organic coconut sugar*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (200 ml) fresh orange juice
- ½ cup (125 grams) unsweetened apple sauce or apple puree
- 1 ½ cup (150 grams) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Line a (9×5) baking loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, add in the flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
After that add in the apple sauce/apple puree, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon and vanilla. Combine until all is well incorporated. You don’t need to over mix is.
Add in the cranberries too and stir just a few more times.
Pour batter into the lined loaf pan.
Optionally add in a few cranberries on top.
Place in the oven, and bake for about 45 minutes or until a fork comes out dry.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar/xylitol* /fresh oranges /dried oranges/cranberries.
- Coconut sugar can be substituted with a syrup such as date syrup or maple syrup.
- For a sweeter bread, add in more coconut sugar and/or less cranberries.
- The bread will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 6 weeks. Store in a freezer safe container.
- This orange cranberry bread will stay fresh when covered in the fridge for about 4-5 days.
- When you use frozen cranberries, let thaw on the counter a few hours before using.
Keywords: bread, loaf, recipe, apple cider vinegar, applesauce, baking powder, baking soda, coconut sugar, cranberries, flour, orange, vanilla extract, cinnamon, snack, sweet, dessert, breakfast