Cookies are like icecream, a nice way to sin. But without the well known guilt afterwards it feels even better to sin. These cookies look like brownies (they’re not) and taste divine. I’m always looking for easy on the go cookies that I can take with me while running errands. These Crispy Chocolate Cookies are perfect for that! They’re also extremely easy and quick to make, taste good and will leave you full for hours.
So I was looking for a cookie that contains no sugar ( also no honey or Stevia), no wheat or gluten (and no, not again the popular banana oatmeal cookies please), but would however contain some superfoods and obviously would taste divine.
Ofcourse, you can create endless variations with different ingredients and superfoods, but this combination was a very tasty one which I didn’t want to keep to myself.
You have three minutes? Because that’s all you’ll need.
- 2 ripe bananas
- ⅔ cup of almonds
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao
- ¼ cup of raisins
- ⅛ cup of goji berries
- cinnamon (as much as you desire)
- optional: baobab powder as a topping
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius degrees. In the meanwhile, mix in a food processor the almonds and goji berries. Give it some time, but don't let it become a powder/flour substance.
- Add the raisins, cocoa powder and cinnamon. Mix again for a little while and then add the bananas.
- Scoop out the mixture and place it one a baking sheet with a tablespoon. If the mixture sticks to the spoon too much then try to make the spoon wet with some water first. Put the cookies for about 20 minutes in the oven at 160 Celsius degrees. You can make them as crispy as you like. Try to leave them soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- After 20 minutes take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool off. You can sprinkle them with baobab powder if you wish.
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)