Although I always loved eating cauliflower (just cooked, nothing added) I wanted to experiment a bit more with the texture. So I cooked a bunch and threw it all in the blender. The first time I added only some herbs and garlic, but today I added some onions. You can add basically anything! Turmeric, herbs, lemon juice, almond milk, almond butter, nuts, cayenne…anything to make this delicious easy cauliflower mashed puree.
The raw version of cauliflower is the most beneficial to your health. However, in this recipe you might want to slightly steam the cauliflower so it’s easier for your blender to make a puree out of it (for this recipe I used one of the cheapest blenders out there). You can also crumble some raw cauliflower and add it as a topping to your cloud of cauliflower meal.
For two persons I cooked two cauliflowers and although it looked like quite a lot we ate it all and we couldn’t stop. It is really tasty and since you eat quite a lot of it you will feel full (no late night snacking after a good filling meal). Absolutely worth trying I would say. You don’t need a fancy blender. Just give your blender some time or even some hot water (the water you cooked the cauliflower in) if needed.
- 2 (organic) cauliflowers
- 2 onions
- 1 zucchini (or other vegetable)
- 1 bell pepper (or other vegetable)
- Herbs or spices, such as cayenne
- Celtic salt
- One spoon of coconut oil
- Almonds (optional)
- Cook the cauliflower. Depending on the blender you are using you might need to overcook them a little bit.
- Place the cauliflower together with the herbs, spices and some salt and pepper in the blender. Add some cayenne to spice things up and blend. Give it some time. If nothing happens you can add a little bit of water. Not too much though. Just give it time and a shake.
- Cook the zucchini just a little bit. Fry the chopped zucchini with the red bells in some coconut oil. Add some garlic. Place on a plate and add the mashed cauliflower. Finish with some herbs or some almonds chips.