Healthy quinoa granola. Free from oils, syrup and refined sugars.
- 10 tablespoons puffed quinoa
- 5 Medjool dates soaked in half a cup of water (keep the date soaking water, I used 7 tablespoons of soaked date water to get the right consistency)
- 3 tablespoons organic raisins
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 1.5 tablespoons chia seeds
- 5 dried prunes, chopped
- 5 tablespoons of mixed nuts such as cashews, almonds, Brazilian nuts and hazelnuts), very roughly chopped
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- optional: ½ tsp vanilla powder
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (or any other nut or seeds butter such as tahini)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C
- Mix the soaked dates (20 min soaking is already enough), almond butter (and a few spoons of date soaked water if needed) in a blender until smooth. It should be smooth, but not too thin. Like a very thick smoothie.
- Add all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix it well with the blended dates and almond butter. All the dry ingredients should be coated.
- Spread the granola evenly on a parchment paper. Press with a spoon or flat hand to make it flat. Wet your hand or spoon if it is too sticky.
- Bake the granola for more or less 30 minutes, until golden brown and solid.
- Let cool, and break the granola into the chunk sizes you like. Keep in an airtight container.