A light and delicious way to make cauliflower rice/couscous. A simple recipe that can be added to any dish. Light, fluffy, and easy to prepare.
- To make enough cauliflower rice for two to three big servings, start with one large cauliflower.
- 1 head cauliflower, any size washed and cut into florets and pulsed until completely broken down in the food processor
- one onion, chopped in little cubes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- a few big carrots (chopped in little pieces)
- 70 grams green peas (frozen or rinsed from a glass jar)
- half a glass of water
- spices such as turmeric, cumin and garlic powder (optional, add a bit of vegetable broth)
- Celtic seas salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and melt about a tablespoon of coconut oil to coat the bottom. Add the chopped onion. Once they turn gold brown add the broth, water, rice and carrots and cook for about 5 minutes, or until it’s softened (and the water is evaporated). In the last few minutes add the green peas. Season with salt and pepper and spices to taste.
- It is also very tasty to add some chopped herbs or fresh lime juice after the rice is done cooking or a bit of tamari sauce.
- Tip: Freeze the cauliflower rice after pulsing in the food processor. The rice can be sealed in an airtight container and frozen for up to three months. Thaw for a few minutes before cooking.