An easy and simple vegan cashew cheese that’s perfect, cuttable and delicious!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked at least for an hour or overnight
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional, but highly recommended)
- Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- topping :
- 1 tbsp chia seeds/pumpkinseeds/sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Rinse the soaked cashews in cold water and mix until smooth in a food processor or blender, for about 10 minutes. You might need to stop and scrape the sides of the machine with a spoon.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Roll the cashew cheese in baking paper. Let the roll stand up and press down with the flat of your hand, making a round.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Mix the ingredients for the topping and gently press on top of the cheese.
- Keep cold until serving.