Last week I was craving a simple snack, so I thought to whip up something quickly and shared it on my Instagram stories. 100% of you guys in my poll wanted to know the recipe of this one bowl banana apple pie. So here it is!
It’s a banana bread turned into an apple pie. It’s more moist than a banana bread and definitely a pie and not a bread. So I would advise you to use a square baking mold instead of the normal cake mold you would use for a traditional banana bread recipe.
In New York I learned from a restaurant owner to always mix up my flours (2 type of flours). The best tip ever! I mixed oat flour with coconut flour, but whole wheat flour with coconut flour is also delicious!
This banana apple pie is rich, moist, and just delicious. It tastes like apple pie, but then better….. At least that’s what I think.
This is really the easiest recipe ever! So I hope you gonna give it a try. If so, leave a comment below or let me know on Facebook or Instagram. Oh and don’t forget to tag your picture #thegreencreator on Instagram. I’d love to see your creations!Print
This apple pie is a twist on the traditional banana bread, but it definitely doesn’t taste like one. It’s the easiest and most delicious apple pie ever.
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal (ground flaxseeds)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup flour (half a cup of coconut flour and half a cup of oat flour/ground oats)
- 1 big apple cut in chunks/cubes
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 4 tablespoons of coconut sugar (or to taste)
- ½ cup apple puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat your oven to 350°F. Place parchment paper in a square cake mold.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flax seed meal and water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add in the coconut sugar, flaxseed mixture, and vanilla extract. Stir until everything is combined.Then also add the flour, apple puree and baking soda. Finally add the apple cubes. Stir until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking mold. Bake for 40 minutes, or until goldbrown on the outside.
- Remove the pie from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack. Let the bread cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Yeah..I know. That’s the hard part.