This apple pie is a twist on the traditional banana bread, but it definitely doesn’t taste like one. It’s the easiest and most delicious apple pie ever.
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal (ground flaxseeds)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup flour (half a cup of coconut flour and half a cup of oat flour/ground oats)
- 1 big apple cut in chunks/cubes
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 4 tablespoons of coconut sugar (or to taste)
- ½ cup apple puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat your oven to 350°F. Place parchment paper in a square cake mold.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flax seed meal and water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add in the coconut sugar, flaxseed mixture, and vanilla extract. Stir until everything is combined.Then also add the flour, apple puree and baking soda. Finally add the apple cubes. Stir until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking mold. Bake for 40 minutes, or until goldbrown on the outside.
- Remove the pie from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack. Let the bread cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Yeah..I know. That’s the hard part.