I enjoyed bananas in all possible ways, such as ice cream and as a cake, but never did I dare to combine a heated pan and bananas. This caramelized banana topping however turned out to be the sweetest and most gooey topping I added to any porridge for a long time now. This quinoa porridge with caramelized banana is definitely a recipe you would want to try out during a slow morning where you want to treat yourself and your loved one(s).
Bananas are a delicious fruit and by baking them in coconut oil they become incredibly soft and sweet and literally melt in your mouth.
Caramelized bananas are so versatile. Served over pancakes, waffles, on top of cereal, oatmeal or poured over ice cream, warm bananas that have been bakes and caramelized are such a decadent treat.
The knowledge that you can just slice a banana and bake in some coconut oil is possibly going to change the idea you have that toppings should always be boring or that they’re never sweet enough for you. It’s so simple and so, so sweetly good.Print
A delicious sweet and filling jar of quinoa porridge with a sweet topping made out of caramelized bananas.
- half a cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 2 cups of water to cook the quinoa
- a dash of vanilla powder
- a dash of cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- a tiny dash of ginger (optional)
- maple syrup as a topping (optional)
- Wash the quinoa and cook in the water until soft and tender. When the quinoa is dry add the almond milk and warm the quinoa. Add the cinnamon and vanilla in the sauce pan. Bring to a low-medium heat and until the porridge is warm enough for you.
- While the quinoa is cooking, slice the banana in half and peel off the skin.
- Heat a pan to medium heat with the coconut oil. Place the banana half into the pan and cook until caramelized.
- Serve the banana on top of the porridge and add maple syrup and vanilla powder as a topping.
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)