If you think it is impossible to make a delicious salad with raw red cabbage think again. This amazing vibrant crunchy salad with a perfect tahini lemon dressing is delicious!
- half a small roughly chopped purple cabbage
- half a small cauliflower, cut into pieces and steamed
- 2 carrots, chopped in thin slices
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3–4 tbsp of hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds
- For the lemon tahini dressing:
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 to 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast, to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of fresh parsley, chopped finely (or use other herb)
- Lightly rinse the cabbage and slice in half, through the stem. Slice each half in half again remove the stem and chop roughly.
- Let the chopped cabbage soak in some apple cider vinegar for about 20 minutes. Then add the chopped cabbage into a strainer and rinse very well. Dry the cabbage with a hand towel or salad spinner.
- In a large bowl, mix the chopped celery, pepper, cabbage, and carrot.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients together in a blender. Combine the salad with the cauliflower and dressing and serve.