A salad dressing or sauce can make or break any dish. There can be huge amount of sugars in store bought salad dressings, and probably cooks are adding some of it to your dressing as well. You actually don’t need any sugar to make an awesome dressing. Also, you don’t need the wrong type of fats to create a creamy sauce or thicker dressing. And yes, healthy and tasty have been a great couple the past years here on The Green Creator. After reading this article, I created this amazing bowl with a nourishing and healthy thick garlic sauce and delicious roasted veggies. And let me tell you one thing, roasted veggies with garlic sauce is a match made in heaven.Print
A delicious seasonal vegetable bowl with roasted sweet potatoes, roasted Brussel sprouts, quinoa and an easy thick garlic sauce.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (either cooked in vegetable broth or normal cooked quinoa mixed with a tablespoon of olive oil and some salt and pepper)
- half an avocado per serving, cut in slices
- 2 large or 3 medium sweet potatoes cut in cubes
- 250 grams of brussel sprouts, washed and each cut in half
- one tablespoon of olive oil
- Celtic sea salt and pepper
- teaspoon of dried oregano
- half a pomegranate
- fresh herbs to garnish
- half a cup of raw unsalted and unroasted cashews, soaked in water for about 20 minutes, drained
- two fresh garlic cloves
- a tablespoon of olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- optional some Celtic sea salt to taste
- Once you washed and cut the sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts, mix them with the olive oil, salt, pepper and dried oregano until all are covered. Place in the oven at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes or until nice soft and golden brown.
- Meanwhile prepare the quinoa by mixing it with a tablespoon of olive oil and some salt and pepper, or cook 1 cup of quinoa in some vegetable broth. Place the quinoa on a plate along with the sliced avocado. Add the roasted vegetables once they are done.
- Put all the ingredients for the garlic sauce in a blender and blend until smooth. When the sauce is too dry or too thick, add just a tiny bit of water.
- Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds, fresh herbs and serve with the garlic sauce.
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)