For a lot of people giving up pasta can be though. Lately I have been making this soba noodles spaghetti a couple of times and didn’t even think about sharing it with you. I really don’t know why, because this simple spaghetti meal is amazing. It is gluten free because of the soba noodles. Soba noodles are basically buckwheat noodles, and we all know that’s not a wheat…..Hallelujah! And why should we use soba noodles only for Asian dishes? There are no rules in the kitchen. Can I get another hallelujah? Lentils are one of my favorite legumes and if you ask me, one of the healthiest and loaded with proteins.
This soba noodles tomato spaghetti recipe tastes like an old traditional Italian recipe. You will not miss any meat, because of the lentils. And cheese? No worries, I got you covered on that one with nutritional yeast.
I always buy pure organic tomato puree in a glass jar. You might remember, I’m quit strict on that as you can read here where I had the balls to tell Chrissy Teigen she was preparing her tomato soup the wrong way…oh well. I just believe that health is our first and only wealth. Tomato puree is very easy to find in little glass jars, so that shouldn’t be a problem. Of course you can buy readymade tomato sauce, but I can tell you that those are loaded with sugars. This tomato sauce is very easy to make, so again another problem solved.
Pasta lovers, let’s dig in! And don’t forget to share your recipe with me on social media with #thegreencreatorPrint
This soba noodles spaghetti with tomato sauce and lentils recipe is the healthiest ever. All made from scratch in less than 10 minutes. Every spaghetti lover will love this one!
- a little handful soba noodles (about 80 grams), but use much or as little as you wish
- for the lentils:
- 300 gram lentils
- one onion
- Celtic seas salt
- black pepper
- nutritional yeast
- for the sauce:
- one tomato, diced in big chunks
- 1 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 100 gram pure tomato puree
- 5 tablespoons water
- Cook the soba noodles for about 7 minutes in plain water (no salt). Meanwhile, cook the lentils or if you use them from a glass jar rinse them very well. To the lentils you are going to add the pepper, yeast, salt and onion. Combine all well. Add to a pan coconut oil and bake the lentils shortly. For the sauce, add all the ingredients for the sauce into the pan with the lentils. When all is warm reduce the heat. When the noodles are done, rinse them twice with cold water and separate them. Add the soba noodles also in the pan with the sauce and lentils, combine well, serve. Sprinkle with yeast flakes and herbs.
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)