The best baked apples for fall with some amazing superfoods and no white refined sugars.
- 4 red apples
- 4 teaspoons of raisins
- 4 tablespoons hazelnut butter or almond butter
- a good dash of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of sunflower seeds
- 3 teaspoons of goji berries
- a dash of coconut flakes
- lemon juice of half a lemon
- 4 dates (sliced in pieces without the skin) or 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- optional: maple syrup to sprinkle after baking
- First, preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash and dry the aples and use an apple corer or a knife and a fork (cut around the core with the knife and scoop out with a spoon) to take the core out of the apples so that there is a hole from the top to the bottom.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place the apples on a baking tray and fill the core with the mix. Leftovers can be used to sprinkle around the apples. Sprinkle the apples with a bit of water and place the apples in the oven to let them bake for about 30 minutes. They’re finished baking when they are gold brown and totally soft.
- To serve you can sprinkle the baked apples with some more coconut flakes or to make them super (!) sweet with a bit of maple syrup.
- Serving Size: 4