At first I didn’t even wanted to post this picture on my Instagram account. Nothing special I thought. It’s just a one ingredient gluten-free pancake. But I was wrong. You guys loved this picture and I received so many requests as to how to make this healthy pancake that I decided to share my ‘recipe’.
What will you need?
Besides some water you’ll only need (gluten-free) oatmeal. Yes, only oatmeal. You will need oatmeal flour. You can make this very simple yourself by just blending some oats in a blender or food processor. Make a mash by adding some water. And that’s it…ready to bake. You can add alternatively some cinnamon or even mashed bananas, but just one ingredient will already create a perfect gluten-free, sugar-free, vegan, super breakfast.
- Still the number 1 breakfast according to many studies;
- Help to control blood pressure;
- Lowers bad cholesterol;
- May help reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes;
- Great source of fibre;
- Increase appetite controlling hormones;
- Low in fat, but high in protein;
- Controls (sugar)cravings;
- The lignans in oatmeal will protect you against heart disease and cancer;
- Great source of iron and magnesium.