This Nutella chocolate spread is lactose free, gluten free, vegan, super easy to make and delicious creamy.
- 2 full cups roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or a few soaked and peeled Medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- a few tablespoons of water
- optional: vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (350 F). Roast the hazelnuts for about 10 minutes in the oven. When they start to smell good, take them out to cool off a few minutes. Place the hazelnuts in a food processor and mix until you have a sticky flour consistency and all chunky pieces are gone. A blender will not work for this recipe. However, any cheap food processor will do. Add the maple syrup and cacao and mix again. When all is mixed slowly add a little bit of water. This will make the spread a spread as thick or thin as you like. Add two tablespoons of water per time until you have the consistency you like. Store in a jar in the fridge.