I met Suzanne a little while ago and have been following her ever since on social media. Suzanne is a wonderful person. Curious, open and laid back. Suzanne’s blog is not vegan, but I noticed that she started to share more and more vegan recipes. It seemed a great idea to feature one of her recipes. This shows that you really don’t have to be a ”seasoned vegan foodie” to create vegan recipes and these vegan pancakes are an example of that.
“It’s my pleasure today to share my recipe for super these tasty vegan pancakes with you here. Let me introduce myself. My name is Suzanne, I’m 30 years old and I’m living in Oss (the Netherlands) with my boyfriend Dennis and our dog Benja. I run the Dutch food and lifestyle blog ”Puur Suzanne”, where I would like to inspire people to take care of themselves and to eat healthy.
Recently I have indeed been more and more interested in plant-based nutrition. For one month I stopped eating meat and I’m trying out more vegan recipes. And I love pancakes for breakfast. It’s such a great way to start the day with a pile of pancakes topped with some fresh fruit. After a few attempts, I found the perfect recipe for vegan pancakes. ”Print
Delicious pancakes with oatmeal, almond milk and lemon. They are easy to prepare and delicious with fruit!
- 100 grams (one cup) of oatmeal
- 300 ml (1 1/2 cups) almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (purification salt)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Coconut oil to bake
- Fruit to garnish the pancakes
- Place the almond milk, the oatmeal and the banana in a blender. Blend on high until you have a thick consistency. Then add the baking soda, the lemon juice and the vanilla powder to this and blend again. The batter must be a bit thick.
- Put a frying pan on high heat and pour some coconut oil into it.
- Spoon with an ice-cream spoon the batter in the pan. Don’t turn the pancake until you see bubbles appear on the top and the batter gets a little dry. Then flip to the other side until both sides are golden brown. Repeat.
- Now it’s time to garnish the pancakes. I chose blueberries and maple syrup.