This nutty cacao granola mixture with oats, seeds and puffed quinoa is delicious as a snack or a porridge when warm (almond) milk is added. Perfect to make ahead!
- 4 dates, pitted
- 2 Tbs. Madre Labs CocoCardio
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. cardamom
- 1 Tbs. almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 1 cup (200 ml) almond milk
- 1 cup (100 gr) rolled oats
- 3 Tbs. sunflower seeds
- 1 cup (35 gr) puffed quinoa (optional, other nuts/ seeds or dried fruits will also go well with this recipe)
- coconut flakes (optional)
- Blend the dates with Madre Labs CocoCardio, cinnamon, cardamom, almond butter and almond milk. You should have a thick blend.
- Add the oats, sunflower seeds and puffed quinoa to a bowl and knead in the blend with your hands or a spoon.
- Once all the oats, seeds and quinoa are well covered prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Distribute the mixture on the parchment paper and place in a preheated oven on 425 °F / 220 °C.
- After 20 minutes the oats in the granola should be crispy. Depending on your oven this may take a bit longer or shorter. Serve as a granola with (warm) milk.