This Green Strawberry Salad is a surprise with each and every bite. The flavors of the strawberries, nuts, coconut and zesty dressing makes this a perfect summer salad.
- 2 cups (baby spring) lettuce mix
- 1/2 cup raw energy nut mix
- 1 cup thinly sliced strawberries
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- the juice of 1 lemon or lime, add more if the dressing becomes too thick
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tahini (or cashew butter)
- ¼ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- Wash and dry the lettuce and set aside.
- Roast the coconut flakes in the oven or in a dry pan for about 10 minutes.*
- To make the chia seed dressing add all the ingredients to a small glass/mixing bowl. Stir well and then set aside.
- *To toast the coconut flakes, add the unsweetened coconut flakes to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place into an 325 degree oven for 5-8 minutes until lightly golden. Toss frequently and watch carefully. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- To assemble the salad, add the lettuce, strawberries, coconut flakes and nuts to a large bowl. Lightly dress with dressing and serve.
If you’re prepping this salad ahead, make sure to keep the dressing in a separate container and then toss right when you’re ready to enjoy.