This no-banana blueberry smoothie is probably the creamiest blueberry smoothie you will ever meet. This smoothie is also vegan, delicious, packed with all the good nutrients and made with only 5 ingredients.
- 1 small sweet potato, cooked then frozen (see notes)
- 1 cup / 150 grams (frozen) blueberries
- ¼ cup / 40 grams cashew nuts
- 1 cup / 240 ml soy milk
- 1 Medjool date (more for a sweeter smoothie)
To a blender, add all the ingredients.
Blend on medium speed and once the blender gets traction, turn up the speed to high.
Blend for about 20 seconds or until the smoothie is smooth enough. Don’t blend you smoothie for too long or it will warm up.
Once the smoothie is smooth and creamy, taste and add an extra Medjool date for a sweeter smoothie or a splash of water for a thinner smoothie.
- To get frozen sweet potato, simply peel the sweet potato and cut in smaller chunks. Boil or steam until soft. Place in the freezer and let freeze for at least a few hours.
- This blueberry smoothie will keep well in the refrigerator, in a glass jar filled to the brim with a lid. You can keep the smoothie then 2-3 days.
Keywords: blueberry, no banana smoothie, blueberry smoothie, smoothie recipe, breakfast, snack