This Starbucks copycat for Iced Brown Sugar Shaken Espresso is a refreshing iced coffee drink that combines the boldness of espresso, the sweetness of brown sugar, and the creaminess of oat milk with a hint of cinnamon.
- 4 espresso shots = 4 oz (120 ml)
- 2 –3 tsp light brown sugar or coconut sugar (adjust sweetness to your preference)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) unsweetened oat milk or barista oat milk creamer
- 1 ½ cups ice cubes (1 cup for shaking and 1/2 cup for serving)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon + dash of cinnamon for topping
- In a cocktail shaker or a tightly sealed jar (such as a Mason jar with a lid), combine the following ingredients: espresso shots, light brown sugar or coconut sugar, ice, and cinnamon.
- Seal the shaker or jar tightly and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds. This ensures that the ingredients are mixed well and the coffee gets cold.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes. The amount of ice you use may vary depending on your preference for a stronger or cold coffee.
- Pour the shaken espresso mixture over the ice followed by oat milk.
- Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on the coffee for an extra touch of flavor.
- Give your drink a gentle stir to ensure the flavors are evenly distributed.
- You don’t need a fancy espresso machine; you can use strong brewed coffee as a substitute for espresso shots. A Moka pot, Aeropress, French press, or pour-over/drip coffee can give you similar results.
- To make a larger batch, double or triple the ingredients and adjust the proportions accordingly.
- Make sure to shake the drink super well to get it frothy and chilled before adding it to a glass.
- Feel free to use more sugar for a sweeter drink.
- Use more ice cubes or less espresso for a coffee that is not too strong.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 48
- Sugar: 5.8g
- Fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrates: 8.8g
- Protein: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Brown Sugar Shaken Espresso, Starbucks, Coffee, Iced