This rich and creamy vegan carob smoothie recipe is made with ripe bananas, almond milk, mint and carob powder. This no-chocolate chocolate smoothie is a dairy-free delight for chocolate lovers and perfect for breakfast, post-workout, or whenever you need a healthy and delicious pick-me-up!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup (240 ml) almond milk (or any plant-based milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- a few fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional, for added sweetness) or 2-3 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Peel the ripe banana and break it into chunks.
- In a blender, combine the banana chunks, almond milk, carob powder, almond butter, mint, maple syrup (or pitted Medjool dates), and vanilla extract.
- Add the ice cubes to the blender.
- Blend the ingredients on high speed until smooth and creamy. If the consistency is too thick, you can add more almond milk to thin it out.
- Once blended to your desired consistency, taste the smoothie and adjust the sweetness or carob flavor if needed. Add more carob powder for a stronger chocolate-like taste or more maple syrup for added sweetness.
- Pour the smoothie into a serving glass and enjoy immediately.
- Use high-quality carob powder for the best flavor. Adjust the amount based on your preference for a stronger or milder chocolate-like taste.
- Feel free to substitute almond milk with other plant-based milk alternatives, such as soy milk, oat milk, or coconut milk, based on your taste preferences.
- Add ice cubes last to achieve the desired thickness and temperature. You can also use frozen banana chunks for a creamier texture.
- Customize your smoothie with chia seeds, coconut flakes, or a scoop of plant-based protein powder for added nutrition and texture.
- Enjoy the smoothie immediately after blending for the best taste and texture.
- This carob smoothie can be kept in the fridge for 24 hours. But separation may occur, so it’s recommended to give it a good stir or shake before consuming.
- If mint is not your thing, you can omit it.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 362
- Sugar: 27.9g
- Fat: 12.3g
- Trans Fat: 9.3g
- Carbohydrates: 58.7g
Keywords: carob, smoothie, breakfast, snack, chocolate