Easy Cherry Chia Seed Jam Recipe
- 2 cups of fresh cherries, pitted (frozen work too)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Place the prepared fruit, lemon juice and maple syrup is a small sauce pan over medium high heat. Simmer for 15 minutes until it bubbles and breaks down; use a potato masher or fork to mash the fruit to your desired consistency.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chia seeds until all well combined.
- Let sit at least 15 minutes to allow the chia seeds to gelatinize.
- This jam is best stored for a few hours in the fridge.
- It will keep in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator up to one week.
- *You may need to add a tablespoon or two of water but I normally don’t; the fruit will release a lot of it’s own juice. If you like a really smooth jam you can puree the mixture in a blender or just use the potato masher.