A simple and great recipe with cacao and buckwheat that makes a great breakfast when served warm a great dessert when served cold
- 170 gr buckwheat (soaked in water for a few hours)
- 6 medjool dates
- 5 tbs almond milk ( or more if you like a more runny porridge)
- 1 tbs cacao nibs
- 3 tbs (or adjust to your taste) cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- You can prepare this recipe cooked or raw.
- For the raw version soak the buckwheat overnight. The next day rinse and drain the buckwheat adn they are ready to be used.
- For the cooked version rinse the buckwheat and cook for about 20 minutes. I usually overcook the buckwheat a bit so it becomes very soft.
- Blend in a blender, food processor or with an immersion blender the buckwheat while adding the dates, cacao powder, and vanilla. Warm up the milk and slowly add the milk to the mixture. You can add more milk if the porridge is too thick and too firm to your liking. Serve warm as a breakfast or cold as a dessert.