This breakfast looks like dessert! But no worries this creamy buckwheat recipe is all good and easy to make and digest.
- 230 gram raw hulled buckwheat groats
- 1 cup of walnuts and/or cashews
- juice of one grapefruit or orange of you like it more sweet
- 2 green apples
- 2 cups of water for soaking
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or ground vanilla
- Place the buckwheat and nuts in two separate jars, cover with water and leave for a night to soak. Rinse well and drain.
- Next you’ll need to blend the soaked buckwheat groats and soaked (overnight) nuts with the apples, grapefruit juice, vanilla and cardamom (and/or cinnamon). Blend until smooth and serve.
- This porridge can be kept for 3-4 days in the fridge. So when covered with a lid you can easily store this as an on the go breakfast.
- For the topping I used basically a few ingredients that I used before, such as the porridge itself, walnuts, buckwheat and a pinch of cardamom (or cinnamon). But of course there are so many great options to make this porridge look/taste even more delicious (if that is possible). You could top it with berries, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, goji berries, mulberries, chopped dates or a nut butter.