These Double Dipped Almond Stuffed Chocolate Dates are such a treat and so easy to make. Nothing beats the sweetness of dates with a crunchy nut and chocolate.
- 5 Medjool dates
- 5 almonds, cut in chunks
- 2 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
- 200 gr dark (+75%) chocolate
- 5 teaspoons almond butter (if crunchy you can skip the almonds)
- Open the Medjool date lengthways and remove the stone. Try to split the date down the middle, but it doesn’t matter too much if you mess this up.
- Insert the almond chunks and almond butter in the middle (or use crunchy almond butter instead) then fold the date back and squeeze it to close.
- Place in the freezer for 5 minutes while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan with boiling water (double boiler).
- Coat/dip all the dates in the chocolate. Either dip and roll in the chocolate or spoon over the chocolate while holding on a fork.
- Place on a plate and return to the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Cover again in chocolate.
- Place in the freezer again to set.
- Store in the fridge as they will melt if stored outside for long.
- Sprinkle with cacao powder when serving.
You can triple or quadruple the dips if you want a thicker chocolate shell. I find twice to be just chocolatey enough.