These Easter nests are a delight to serve and so easy to make. These nests are made with crunchy hazelnuts and rolled oats and are totally vegan and naturally sweetened.
- Place the rolled oats in a food processor and mix until the oats have a fine (flour like) consistency. When the oats are finely blended add in the banana, pitted Medjool dates and vanilla. Blend again. You want to create a semi-smooth batter.
- I bought pre chopped hazelnuts, but you can also cut the whole hazelnuts yourself with a large knife. You will need about half a cup of chopped hazelnuts.
- Scoop about a tablespoon full of the mixture in your hand and place in the chopped hazelnuts. Roll and toss over until the mixture is covered and not sticky anymore.
- Place on a plate lined with parchment paper and make a small ball. The parchment paper will make it easy to remove the nests from the plate once they set. With your finger create a little nest in the center. Be careful not to create a hole in the bottom. Repeat this until you have used up all the mixture. You should have enough to make about 7 nests.
- Place the nests in the fridge or freezer to set for about 1-2 hours.
- When ready to serve add per nest about half a teaspoon of plant-based yogurt in the middle. Decorate with fruits of your liking.
These nests are best made the day before serving since they will need to stay in the fridge for at least a few hours so the hazelnuts will set properly.