This soup recipe couldn’t be easier. It’s low-budget, vegan, gluten-free and perfect for those busy days.
- any kind of beans, I used cannellini beans
- 1 to 2 chopped (sweet) onions
- tomato puree, as much as you wish. I used the entire little jar. The more puree, the thicker the soup.
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- 1 to 2 cups of water. The more water you add the thinner the soup will be.
- dry herbs and spices such as oregano, ginger, garlic, turmeric, cayenne and basil. You don’t have to use all, but this kind of sums up my quick ”dry herbs and spices collection” for when I’m in a rush.
Add an onion to a pan and let it heat until golden brown. Then add the other ingredients, stir and let heat. Serve.
- any kind of beans, I used cannellini beans (white kidney beans or “fasolia beans”). But you can use anything with a bit of a firm texture, such as chick peas, lentils, kidney beans, corn or sprouts. I choose cannellini beans because of the texture.